Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Prayer

"I saw a pillar of clight exactly over my head, above the brightness of the dsun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me...When the light rested upon me I bsaw two cPersonages, whose brightness and dglory defy all description, estanding above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My fBeloved gSon. Hear Him!" Joseph Smith History.


This is the account of Joseph Smith. In this wonderful vision, Joseph saw God the Father, and His Son, the Beloved, Jesus Christ. This visitation was brought on by Joseph's sincere desire to know more. He desired Gods direction in which religious group he should join. In life we all come across time in which we need guidance, either from parents, friends, or even God. I am so grateful for the power of prayer, and the knowledge that my Father in heaven loves me, I have grown closer to God as I have turned to Him for guidance and help. My relationship with Him has become more than just speaking to an unknown being, as I have earnestly looked for Him in everything in this world, I have found His beautiful signature. It is my testimony that God lives, he loves each of us, and He speaks to all. It all begins with a humble prayer.

No comments: