Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Favorite Scripture...


A few weeks back my scriptures were stolen. I have since received a new set, but because of that experience, I have felt like I lost all of my favorite scriptures. So the point of this blog is to get all of your favorite scriptures and share them. Please leave a comment with your favorite scripture reference and short explanation of why its your favorite.

My favorite scripture right now. Mormon 9: 7-21, I like these verses because to me it gives a great understanding of who God is, how He works, and so many other things. 21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, awhatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this bpromise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth. 

4 comments:

Elder Ben Thomas said...

Favorite Scripture today is
Alma 37:45-46
And now I say, is there not a type in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise.

O my son, do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way; for so was it with our fathers; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would look they might elive; even so it is with us. The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever.

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

My favorite scripture: Alma 7:23-24

23 And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.

24 And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works.

Elder Child said...

My Favorite scripture is found in 1 Nephi 3:7,
7And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I awill go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no bcommandments unto the children of men, save he shall cprepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

The lord will always make a way for us to do what we need to do, especially when we just ask for his help.

Alison Jenne said...

I really like 1 John 4:16,18

16. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him
18.There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.