Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Jacob 3:2

Jacob 3:2

O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever.

 I thought I would share this scripture, it was pretty much just a random find but I liked it. I really like the middle, "lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love", it made me think of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then I thought that gospel means good news. I have had down days, the ones where your head hangs down, the brightness in my heart was gone and I felt empty. For me, being a missionary is tuff some times, I feel sad when I meet someone who is really awesome, but they wont open their heart to receive this good news. I get discouraged and satan begins to win the battle, but that isn't how our Father in heaven wants us to be, He wants to bless us, and He wants us to be happy. That is when I turn to Him in prayer, and remember the words of David in psalms 18:2, The Lord is my arock, and my bfortress, and my deliverer; my God, my cstrength, in whom I will dtrust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
 The Lord will build a fortress around us, He will provide strength when needed, and He will deliver us from the grasp of satan. I love my Savior, and all that He does for me to bear me up to lift my head. I feel this way because of the scriptures, they are the guide for each of us in our journey in life, they are the words of God and through them we can truly be filled with His love.

No comments: